The problem is that the KB2999226 (Universal CRT) which is part of the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 failed to install. Here is how to fix it:
- Install Windows Updates:
- Go to Start - Control Panel - Windows Update
- Check for updates
- Install all available updates.
- After the updates are installed, restart your computer.
- After the restart repeat the steps above again until no more updates are available.
- Download the Visual C++ Redistributable:
- For Windows 64-bit
- For Windows 32-bit
- Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 (32-bit)
- Run the “vcredist_x64.exe” (64-bit) or “vcredist_x86.exe” (32-bit) and select Uninstall
- “Run the .exe” again and select Install
Special thanks to SmartFTP for the solution.